Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Following David Brinkley's Lead

Welcome to The Quentin Chronicle, named after the Quentin Estates, which is the humble abode of my family in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. I wrote a draft of this introductory post back in April 2011, then saved it without publishing. I finally got the nerve to publish a different post a couple of weeks ago, and now have three published posts under my belt. Today I am back to this introductory post I started writing eight months ago. When I click on the "Publish Post" button in a few moments, this will become the fourth post published on my new blog. If I were better organized, this would have been the first.

The stuff that I am most interested in includes sports (particularly baseball and football), music, movies, traveling, current events, money, bars and restaurants, grammar, and law. This is my first attempt at blogging, so I am not sure how often I will put "pen to paper" so to speak. I type at a rate of approximately twenty words per minute, to be generous. Therefore, this blog may be slim pickings for awhile, at least until I get on a roll. I have been e-mailing unsolicited movie reviews to my family for the last several years, so maybe I'll change things up by putting the reviews into this space. In January 2012, look for my ratings recap of movies I saw in the theater during the calendar year 2011. I also might plagiarize myself, if that's possible, by republishing a few posts I have made on my favorite website, ND Nation, and other e-mails on various topics I have written to friends and family.

In 1998 the famous NBC news anchor David Brinkley wrote a book entitled "Everyone Is Entitled To My Opinion." It seems to me that's what blogging is all about. I welcome your comments, especially if they are highly complimentary. Even if they aren't, it would be nice to know that someone out there is reading what I have to offer. And after all, everyone is entitled to your opinion as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment